Transformation of Sentence
1. What a beautiful bird it is!= It is a very beautiful bird.
2. What a fool you are!
=You are a great fool.
3. What a liar the man is!
=The man is a great liar.
4. How charming the scenery is!
= The scenery is very charming.
5. What a terrible situation it is!
= It is a very terrible situation.
N. B : Noun এর পূর্বে great এবং adjective এর পূর্বে very ব্যবহৃত হয়]
If I were.....!, if she were....!, if he were....! যুক্ত exclamatory sentence কে assertive sentence এ রূপান্তর করতে হয় যেভাবে :
1. If I were a king!
= I wish I were a king.
2. If she were a queen!
= She wishes she were a queen.
3. Would that I were a child again!
= I wish I were a child again.
4. Had I the wings of a bird!
=I wish I had the wings of a bird.
5. Hurrah! We have won the game.
= It is a matter of great joy that we have won the game. Or We rejoice that we have won the game.
6. Oh! The bird is very beautiful to look at.
= It is a matter of great surprise (wonder) that the bird is very beautiful to look at.
Rule- 4 : Assertive Sentence কে Imperative Sentence করার নিয়ম :
1. You do the sum.
= Do the sum.
2. You shut the window.
= Shut the window.
3. You post the letter.
=Post the letter.
4. You will read the book.
= Read the book.
5. You may go there.
= Go there.
6. You should respect the teachers.
= Respect the teachers.
7. You do not tell a lie.
=Do not tell a lie.
8. You do not make a noise.
= Do not make a noise.
9. You will not take tea.
= Don’t take tea.
10. You never tell a lie.
= Never tell a lie.
11. You always speak the truth.
= Always speak the truth.
12. You are requested to give me a glass of water.
= Please give me a glass of water.
13. We go out.
= Let us go out.
14. We should discuss the matter.
= Let us discuss the matter.
15. We don’t run in the sun.
= Let us not run in the sun.
16. I do the work.
= Let me do the work.
17. He reads the book.
= Let him read the book.
18. She sings a song.
= Let her sing a song.
19. They play cricket.
= Let them play cricket.
20. Rana drives the car.
= Let Rana drive the car.
21. Nabila does not make tea.
= Let not Nabila make tea.
22. She doesn’t sing a song.
= Let her not sing a song.
[N.B : Not, noun এর পূর্বে বসে এবং pronoun এর পরে বসে]
23. S/D : She is the wisest lady in the family.
C/D : She is wiser than any other lady/all other ladies in the family.
P/D : No other lady in the family is as (so) wise as she.
24. S/D : He is the most intelligent boy in the class.
C/D= He is more intelligent than any other boy/all other boys in the class
P/D : No other boy in the class is as (so) intelligent as he.
25. S/D : Kazi Nazrul Islam was one of the greatest poets in Bangladesh.
C/D : Kazi Nazrul Islam was greater than most other poets in Bangladesh.
P/D : Very few poets in Bangladesh were as (a) great as Kazi Nazrul Islam.
26. P/D : English is not as easy as Bangla.
C/D : Bangla is easier than English.
27. C/D : Her teeth were brighter than a string of pearls.
P/D : A string of pearls was not as (so) bright as her teeth.
28. P/D : There is no other story as funny as this.
C/D : This story is funnier than any other story.
29. Kazi Nazrul Islam was one of the greatest poets in Bangla literature.
= Very few poets in Bangla literature were as (so) great as Kazi Nazrul Islam. (P/D)
30. Topu is one of the brightest students in the class.
= Very few students in the class are as (so) bright as Topu. (P/D)
31. The elephant is one of the largest animals in the world.
=Very few animals in the world are as (so) large as the elephant. (P/D)
32. As soon as I reached the station, the train left.
=No sooner had I reached the station than the train left.
33. As soon as he arrived school, the bell rang.
= No sooner had he arrived school than the bell rang.
34. As soon as the doctor came, the patient died.
= Hardly had the doctor come when the patient died.
35. As soon as I came home, the rain started.
= Hardly had I come home when the rain started.
36. As soon as the teacher came, the students stood up.
= Scarcely had the teacher come when the students stood up.